Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Gaganam - Against the Cliche Tollywood

Hello World. (Dot)

Well, What should I blog about now ? 

Let me start with a dialog from a tollywood movie Gaganam (2011), which impressed me pretty well.
It goes like this:

If some thing happens to my Mother, I will send an ambulance
If some thing happens to my Mother land, I will come Myself.

Even though the movie was neither a big commercial hit (starring one of the top telugu heroes, Nagarajuna) nor it reached the audience, it seemed to be a bit different from other cliche tollywood stories. But in fact the movie lagged a lot in technical aspects. Director Radhamohan did a great job though to bring a different kind of cinema to telugu industry.


Coming to the dialog I mentioned above, I bascially don't like the idea of birth places and mother lands. After all, if your born in India, you say 'mera bharath mahan' and if you are born in UK, you would say ' i love UK'. It's just the place where you are born that defines your nationality. But that dialog didn't say anything about India, instead the writer used Mother land to commonly refer to everybody in th world (which is really appreciative). In the movie the dialog was actually used in a scene of comedy, but the original intention did touch my heart. 

I appreciate the work of Director and the Writer for such a bold attempt in telugu industry. 

Enough for this time. Signing offfff...

-Sid



1 comment: